Having fun at Applewood Inn A Wine Country Romantic Bed and Breakfast
Applewood Inn is a Sonoma Wine Country Spa Resort and Romantic Bed and Breakfast ideally located only minutes from the dramatic Sonoma Coast, the majestic old growth Redwoods of the Armstrong state park in Guerneville and the outstanding Sonoma County wineries scattered along the Russian River Wine Road. In fact all of the wine country activities in both Sonoma and Napa are within easy reach.
Before you venture off to see the magnificent Sonoma / Russian River regions, consider some of the relaxing, inspiring ... and truly fun things one can do at Applewood, a Sonoma Romantic Spa Resort:
» For a wealth of trip planning information please visit: "www.sonoma.com", "www.winecountry.com", "www.wineroad.com" and "www.sonomacounty.com"
• Take a dip in to pool
• Soak in the outdoor hot tub
• Visit the light filled solarium - office - a welcoming setting to plan your days
• Read a book in one of the many terraces surrounding the pool
• Relax with a loved one in the living room
• Stroll through our organic garden and orchards to best enjoy this peaceful setting
• Order a Picnic basket and enjoy it in one of the tables in the garden
• Photograph the towering redwoods
• Partake of a glass of wine under the umbrella in the Mediterranean courtyard
• Listen to the soothing sounds of the splashing fountains
• Take delight in the whimsical Italian statues that accent the property
Explore the Redwoods, Vineyards and Sonoma Coast from a Romantic Enclave Located at the Heart of the Russian River Wine Country
Start with any of the following activities or destinations and let us guide you in creating your own personal Wine Country Dream Vacation:
• Hiking beneath ancient Redwoods
• Trail rides
• Kicking up sand along the coast
• Canoeing the Russian River
• Floating high above the vineyards in a hot air balloon:Wine Country Balloons
• Playing golf at Northwood Golf Course
• Biking along county backroads with:
- Bicycle Adventures
- Wine Country Bikes
- River Riders
- LifeCycle Adventures
- Getaway Adventures
- Ace It Bike Tours
• Going to a movie you've been meaning to see
• Catching a play at Pegasus Theater
• Visiting Charlie Brown and all the Peanuts gang at the Charles Schulz Museum
• Visiting one of the farms along the Sonoma County Farm Trails
• Visiting a Sonoma or Marin cheese maker on the California Cheese Trail
• Checking out galleries like the
- Graton Gallery
• Visiting an artist's studio and finding art at it's source.
Every season in the Russian River Valley has a wonderful outdoor food & wine or music festival. Our favorites are:
• The Russian River Blues Fest in June
• The Russian River Jazz Festival in September
• The Russian River Food and Wine Festival in October
• The Sonoma County Harvest Fair in October
• Grape to Glass in August
• The Russian River Wine Road hosts Winter Wineland and a Barrel Tasting
Whatever time of year you choose to come there's sure to be something going on that you won't want to miss
Armstrong Redwoods State Reserve
The serene, majestic beauty of this Grove is a living reminder of the magnificent primeval redwood forest that covered much of this area before logging operations began during the 19th century.
Armstrong Redwoods preserves 805 acres of the stately and magnificent Sequoia Sempervirens, commonly known as the coast redwood. These trees stand together as a testament to the wonders of the natural world. The Grove offers solace from the hustle and bustle of daily life, offering the onlooker great inspiration and a place for quiet reflection.
SonomaCounty.org has photos, printable maps and a complete list of county parks.
Touring in Wine Country
Applewood Inn, Restaurant and Spa is blessed to have as neighbors the 75+ wineries that comprise the Russian River Wine Road, winding from the Sonoma Pacific coast and the redwoods of the Russian River Valley to the bench-lands of Dry Creek Valley and the rolling hills of the Alexander Valley. An area full of history, grapes have been grown and wine has been made in northwest Sonoma County for over 130 years.
Venture just a bit further down the road and visit neighboring Napa Valley or turn North to discover the wines of Mendocino's Anderson Valley but be sure to make it back in time for dinner at the Applewood Fine Food Restaurant , a splendid end to a perfect day in Sonoma Wine Country.
Wine Tours and Transportation in Sonoma County:
* Terrific Tours
* The Silver Service
* Beau Wine Tours
* Pure Luxury Transportation
Things to Do :: Sonoma Travel Planner :: Calendar of Events :: Scenes from the Russian River Wine Country